Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Blasphmous Bible Study

I am creating this blog to discuss the bible and religion.

There's very little good about the so-called Good Book. I will be a little slow getting started, and will probably slack off occasionally, but I will produce a chapter by chapter commentary, beginning with The Beginning and ending with The End.

For my biblical text, I will rely on the King James and American Standard versions. The main reason for these choices is simple -- they are in the public domain. I don't have to worry about copyright violations. Mostly, I will use the KJV because it's the one that the most fundamental fundamentalists use. Some of the Elizabethan English used in King James are really difficult to understand. In those verses, I use the ASV for backup.

I love the King James Version because, read aloud, it sounds so Biblical.

Before proceeding with The Beginning, I'd like to give my dictionary definition of Fundamentalist from Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary:
"Fundament: 2a.BUTTOCKS b. ANUS"
"-al: suffix-of, relating to, or characterized by" (an anus).
"-ist: 3. One who adheres to or advocates a doctrine or system or code of behavior" (Assholism.)

Please feel free to share this with your friends, acquaintances, associates, or known assholists.

Let's get on with the show.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for some hilarious and much-needed skepticism. I don't see you describe yourself as an atheist in your profile, but it seems like you are (or at least, I hope you are!). Nice blog.

The Heretic said...

Yes, I am an atheist. I don't understand how anyone can believe in a god or gods after studying the bible.

I've been busy and have been remiss in posting more commentary. A decade ago, I completed a commentary on the entire book of Genesis on a manual typewriter, and have lost the manuscript.